TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Admiral

Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System) Empty
PostSubject: Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System)   Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System) Empty11/20/2010, 8:44 am

Thought I would re-post this ride in this TW Forum for those who are not members of the other TW Forum.
Roadjanitor with his riding partners invited me (and Georgie) for a ride in the Danskin OHV trail system on veterans day. This was a mixed group of ATV's, dirt bikes, and my lone TW. Danskin is east of Boise, Id. in the foothills/some mountains (?). Didn't know if the ride would be a go (for me) as the area had experienced some rain and snow the day before, but it was a go. Left Boise on a sunny, but cold morning only to be in the fog at the trailhead. The fog would later lift and we had a good day after all.

Having said that, this ride ended up being quite a challenge for me. The trails themselves would have been great except for the occasional "snow on the trail" and "30,000" mud puddles which slowed me up. I kept to my own pace and would catch up to the others when they stopped for a break. I only crashed 3 times! 2 minor tip overs leaning towards the upperside of an embankment, and 1 crash, front tire went one way and I in the brush while going through a water obstacle (puddle). Thank goodness the brush was soft, it was like falling into a pile of feather pillows. Roadjanitor and his "roadcrew" as I call them, were a good bunch of guys. I appreciate there patience with my pace, and Allen helping me up when I crashed. He asked me how I was before helping me pickup the TW.

I kept it within my comfort zone most of the time, but I WILL ABSOLUTELY GET A NEW FRONT TIRE! Rear stock did great. I will go to this place again in the future, but it will be at a time when there is no chance of SNOW, and it hasn't rained in a month!

Anyway here are a few preview photo's of my ride followed by my youtube video. This is my first "real" posting of taking video, tho I sucked at the camera placement (which I will correct in the future), you'll get a glimps of what it was like. I had the camera on my chest and it did good when I stood up, but not when I was sitting down. You'll get the "picture".

Oh, one more thing. My shoulders and arms were so sore after the ride because of my "Kung Foo Gripe" I had on the handle bars!

Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System) MassDownload020Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System) MassDownload014

Me and Georgie "Dog Tired" at the end of the day
Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System) MassDownload040
And muddy too
Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System) MassDownload043

Here's the link to the video of the ride. Enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZfgXMPUGQR4

Back to top Go down

Bender Creek Veterans Day Ride (Danskin Mts. OHV Trail System)
Page 1 of 1