TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Camera Mount Test 2

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Admiral
Admiral

Camera Mount Test 2 Empty
PostSubject: Camera Mount Test 2   Camera Mount Test 2 Empty1/11/2011, 5:46 pm

Here I am testing my video camera mount. I've change a little since this, but am waiting for the weather to turn warmer (about 20-30 degrees for the highs past couple of weeks) to test the newer setup.

It's kind of fun doing this movie stuff. I think it adds alot to the still pictures. This summer, I plan on doing the combination still photo's plus video for my ride reports.

Back to top Go down
Admiral
Admiral

Camera Mount Test 2 Empty
PostSubject: More Camera Testing   Camera Mount Test 2 Empty9/19/2011, 7:57 am

Have continued to tweak my video skills. Since this was made on the same route, I thought I would share. In the first video, the camera was mounted on the handle bars. For this video, I mounted the camera on my helmet.

I've also had a long battle with audio problems, so this one is posted without music as a cover up. In the past with the camera mounted on the handlebar, a rattle coming from the dash area was always present. After changing to a helmet mount, wind noise is the problem. I've tried putting various materials over the mic, but never have had much success. In this video, I put a cloth mitten over the camera, cutting out a hole for the lens, with the opening of the mitten at the top so I have access to turn the camera on and off. Seems I have most of the noise problem solved, though the helmet mounted camera looks silly with a mitten over the camera.

I see a slight improvement in the video (shaking) with the helmet mount over handlebar mount.

Youtube added a video stabilization feature recently. So below is the same video (stabilized). Has its quirks, but I think it's easier on the eyes than the non-stabilized versions. What do you all think?
Back to top Go down

Camera Mount Test 2
Page 1 of 1