TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?

Go down 
+2
mrgizmow1
reid
6 posters
AuthorMessage
reid

Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty
PostSubject: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty10/2/2011, 6:55 pm

HI, I decided to pass on the large luggage rack for now due to cost.
$140 seems excessive (from ebay, my Yamaha dealer, bikebandit.com, & that motorcycle rack website).
Or course I'd love one - but not for $140 - thats cuckoo. Its a pretty low tech piece of equipment. not sure why its so expensive.

So...until i hit the jackpot, I've decided to try to make use of those 4 little stubs under the rear fender rack with some bungies or stretchy straps. BUt wHen I tried using bungies, the only attached in an awkward way that seems like it would eventually damage the plastics over time.

Does anyone know of an elegant non-harful solution for strapping things onto that small holder on the rear fender (with bungies or straps or anything)

OR If there a yamaha strap product that I can use?

OR Is there a reasonably priced rack out there? (like $50 for new).
Thanks for any advice you have.

Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty10/4/2011, 8:07 am

What I have used for a number of years now, is a Vecro product call "One Wrap". This stuff is GREAT! It comes in rolls, and can be cut to any length. One side of the 3/4" strap is corse hook and the other the fuzzy loop. I generally purchase the 12' roll at Lowes. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty12/2/2011, 10:21 pm

140 bucks not so bad... I work at a boat yard, top of the line copper antifouling paints run 300.00 a gallon. I put two coats on a 48' yacht today and used 4 gallons of the stuff. He'll have to do it again in two to three years. Right now with metal prices a 6x12 15lb plate zinc anode is over 50 bucks.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/venture72
Kankujoe

Kankujoe

PostSubject: Re: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty12/27/2011, 6:33 am

When I installed the rear (CycleRacks) rack on my TW I removed an OEM accessory rack that came with the bike... I'd be willing to part with it for a reasonable offer & shipping costs...

The rack looks brand new.... it is painted black & mounts on top of the plastic/rubber base on the TW's rear fender...
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty12/27/2011, 7:49 am

Reid, I am inclined to say, you are going to be left to your own imagination. As well, Ebay would be the best place to save on money as you can search for something used. The Velcro product that I discribed below works great for me and certainly should allow to hold something like a warm jacket to the back of your TW. Good luck. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
frog13

PostSubject: Re: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty4/1/2012, 12:37 pm

Kankujoe has a good offer it seems...or you could use a bungee net....they come in a variety of sizes.Milk crate possibly?.
Back to top Go down
long distance rider

PostSubject: Strap Solution   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty9/27/2013, 8:28 pm

Helen Two Wheels, best straps you can buy for straping stuff to your bike.....I've been using them for years, check out her website....

Mike
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?   Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution? Empty

Back to top Go down

Can someone recommend a luggage strap solution?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: Main Discussion-
Jump to: