TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The other TW Site Update

Go down 
+6
cube13
lizrdbrth
rm_hm
Admiral
mrgizmow1
goldenhtr
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
goldenhtr
Admin
goldenhtr

The other TW Site Update Empty
PostSubject: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/11/2012, 7:49 am

I got an e mail back from Charles and someone has HACKED the site. He will restore from a backup asap.

Tracy
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/11/2012, 10:25 am

Thanks Tracy
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/13/2012, 11:24 pm

Well, it looks like it is infected again. Goggle Chrome says stay out, site is infected with "malware". Gerry
Back to top Go down
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/14/2012, 4:36 am

mrgizmow1 wrote:
Well, it looks like it is infected again. Goggle Chrome says stay out, site is infected with "malware". Gerry

Same with my Firefox browser this morning. This was the first "Don't Enter" anti-virus message I got when trying to log in. I'm not even gonna try to login to the other site until I get the "all clear" here, for there.
Back to top Go down
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/14/2012, 9:09 am

Oh well.... Time for the backup forum to earn it's keep :)

I wish Chopper Charles and the mods good luck in fighting the hackers.

Thanks again Hodakaguy for keeping this site around :)

Last edited by rm_hm on 11/14/2012, 12:09 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/venture72
lizrdbrth

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/14/2012, 9:13 am

R80rt wrote:
Dang it, I need my TW fix!

rm_hm wrote:
Oh well.... Time for the backup forum to earn it's keep :)

Buncha Zombies! Wait, I'm here, too.The other TW Site Update 3925848005

Hope they get it fixed.
Back to top Go down
cube13

PostSubject: This has happened once before and all the data was lost   The other TW Site Update Empty11/14/2012, 3:00 pm

I hate to be the one who brings this up. But the site gets hacked because its neglected.

Isn't anyone else getting kind of tired of this?
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 8:09 am

cube13 wrote:
I hate to be the one who brings this up. But the site gets hacked because its neglected.

Isn't anyone else getting kind of tired of this?

When was it that the other site had lost all it's data? There are a lot of things in life that I sometime tire of. Given the issue that you reference, what can we do to make it better? And towards this goal, what have "you" done so far. Gerry
Back to top Go down
cube13

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 8:39 am

Back when it was hacked before all the forum text was gone from the forum. You had to search google to find any of the previous posts and the pictures were gone. So it made a huge amount of history disappear. How to's etc. Thats when this site was created. You honestly dont remember that Gerry???????

I suggest we create a forum on a shared platform and not a home grown solution that is located on a server that one single person is not responsible for. Its going to eventually happen again and all this information is going to be corrupted and lost probably.

What I have done is suggest back then that we move to a shared platform and then before anyone could discuss anything completely this forum was created and the old one was back online. Creating 2 places for the same information. Again, its no big deal but look where we are today. I'm not bashing anyone I hate to see this wealth of information be slammed time and time again. Thats all.

I never created a user account on this forum because it didnt seem like the right thing to do unless everyone was going to one place. Two places for the same information is not a great setup.

Lastly, I think the domain (tw200forum.com) would need to point to a new shared location for everyone to be funnelled to the same place and thats something that only "charles" can do as he owns the domain.

Those are my thoughts. I honestly dont think it will ever get any better, I just wanted to start the discussion so I could see if others feel the same.

Has anyone actually clicked past the messages and seen what is on the server?

Last edited by cube13 on 11/15/2012, 8:46 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
cube13

PostSubject: Malware - twforumc.tmdhosting610.com   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 8:45 am

FYI - I turned my test box on and went to the site to see what was loading. twforumc.tmdhosting610.com was referenced by the website and its a known malware provider. So someone needs to remove this reference from the web server and the site should be back online if the data is still good. By the looks of the data it displays its toast. There is an interesting post from someone in China. I'll bet thats the hacker. Its says "Jinping forever" ;-)

In the meantime I have my head off my tw200 and am half way thru the base gasket replacement. Anyone happen to have a local copy of the pictures for this job?

Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 9:52 am

Cube, appreciate the prompt reply. I do recall some of the issues that lead to the creation of this site and the conversion of the site that Charles owns. I don't recall the big change and data loss being the result of the site being "hacked". I was under the impression that Charles needed/wanted to go with another 'service provider'. Again a recollection, but I was under the impression the Charles was reasonably confident that data transfer would take place. Yes, it does seem that most of the pictures have been lost, but then that can happen (I believe) should someone close their photo hosting account. Searching through Google is certainly a bit protracted, but can be done as I have extracted a fair amount of data from the old site when i was working at building upon Eldavo's Wiki site.

Cube, you sound very knowledgeable when it comes to computers and I certainly do not want demean you, nor diminish your concern. Most of us realize that things could be improved but to date, I have not seen much evidence of anyone willing to do much more than point out the shortcomings of what we seem to be dealing with. Perhaps Hodaka Guy realized the weakness of the other site and has been gracious enough to continue to keep this one in place for situations like this 'just in case'. Like Charles, I don't think Hodaka Guy even has a TW.

When someone is willing to take a 'Leadership' role, when more folks express a willingness to donate time and or money to the cause, I personally believe we will be much closer to improving our situation. I am sure Charles has more important things to do than spending his days/nights working to restore data on a site he does not even use.

As an example, this site would be little more than 'a black hole' if it were not for a few folks like the Admiral who visit regularly, greet and share other forum options with folks that join here and would otherwise continue to hear the echo of their questions. Well, these are some of my feelings. Cube13 thanks again for your follow up. Would you be so kind as to let me know the name you post under on the other site.

As being proactive and preserving data seem to be a 'good thing' you (anybody) might visit the Wiki Site the Eldavo (forum member) was kind enough to put in place. You can help build the site and make it better. You can as well donate to Wikipedia and help preserve billions of additional bits of knowledge.

https://donate.wikimedia.org

http://tw200.wiki-site.com/index.php/Main_Page

Gerry
Back to top Go down
lizrdbrth

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 11:28 am

+1. Kudos to Charles. And Kudos to you, Gerry.

Putting this out there to Cube and all other techie types in hopes of CONSTRUCTIVE input.

I can do your base gasket blindfolded. You need pictures.

You can look at the very innards of a website. I can barely manage my email, so I don't know how much I don't know.

So that said ( and I won't be offended if you answer as if you were addressing a 3 y.o.) what are the basic differences between a site platform such as this one vs. the ones employed by Charles' site (costs, security, personal resources required to manage them, etc.)?

How does one keep a website affordable AND defensible?

Back to top Go down
Mad Mac

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 4:37 pm

I'm another TW200forum refugee.
Thanks hodakaguy, for being an oasis in the Internet desert.
A little competition doesn't hurt. It's a good thing.
There is a TW200 thread on Adventure Rider, too.

My recollection is that the TW200forum had just changed hosting services.
Best wishes to them for a succesfull recovery.

Ride on.
Back to top Go down
Old White Truck

Old White Truck

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 5:39 pm

I don't know anything about the technical aspects of this problem but if Charles needs donations to rescue the site I would certainly be willing to contribute. That forum has been very helpful in my TW research.
Back to top Go down
goldenhtr
Admin
goldenhtr

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 5:49 pm

cube13 wrote:
FYI - I turned my test box on and went to the site to see what was loading. twforumc.tmdhosting610.com was referenced by the website and its a known malware provider. So someone needs to remove this reference from the web server and the site should be back online if the data is still good. By the looks of the data it displays its toast. There is an interesting post from someone in China. I'll bet thats the hacker. Its says "Jinping forever" ;-)

In the meantime I have my head off my tw200 and am half way thru the base gasket replacement. Anyone happen to have a local copy of the pictures for this job?

Thanks Cube I passed this info on to Charles.

Tracy
Back to top Go down
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 7:41 pm

You can use this link to get a safe sterilized view of the tw forum

http://tiny.cc/wlkunw But if you try and login you will get a malware warning

Safe link to the base gasket stuff http://tinyurl.com/cuw3kwc

Last edited by rm_hm on 11/15/2012, 10:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/15/2012, 8:09 pm

Good job RM_HM. Gerry
Back to top Go down
R80rt
R80rt

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/16/2012, 5:21 am

Looks like the other site is up and running!,

I will check this site often from now on, it should not be neglected.
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/17/2012, 10:27 am

I know it has been stated that Charles's site is up and running, but Goggle Chrome, at least for me closes down my loading it up stating there still is a problem with malware. As I have been getting post updates from some threads I know some folks are using it. Could a couple of you folks give me an update as to your experience. Thanks. Gerry
Back to top Go down
Mad Mac

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/17/2012, 10:57 am

mrgizmow1 wrote:
I know it has been stated that Charles's site is up and running, but Goggle Chrome, at least for me closes down my loading it up stating there still is a problem with malware. As I have been getting post updates from some threads I know some folks are using it. Could a couple of you folks give me an update as to your experience. Thanks. Gerry

The Chrome browser on my Netbook is giving me a big malware warning.
Back to top Go down
lizrdbrth

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/17/2012, 11:17 am

As Charles explained, Google Chrome has a monitoring/warning system in place. The site is presently on their "list" and will take some time to drop off.

I switched my browser back to I.E. and can view the site again.
Back to top Go down
Mad Mac

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/17/2012, 11:32 am

Okay, thanks. My Firefox browser works, too.
Back to top Go down
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/17/2012, 3:07 pm

I am now on Firefox and things are A-OK. It is sure nice to have this site. It is another place to meet and have a friendly exchange, and as well a back-up when things go wrong. Adventure Rider offers many of the same options. Gerry
Back to top Go down
Admiral
Admiral

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty11/18/2012, 8:11 am

Gerry,

I'm glad you and a few others of us keep this site going. Yes, we all love the other site and more folks seem to be on that site, but this site has always been here for us who need the TW Forum addiction fix.

During the brunt of the malware storm, none of my browsers would allow entry or warned very strongly against entry. The day (Friday I think) Charles fixed the other site, Chrome would still not allow entry, but Charles did mention that it would probably take some time for Chrome to recognize the fixes he did.

I do also enjoy Advrider, but not so much for the TW thread. Only because it's hard to capture everything in one thread, versus a breakout of topics like this and the other TW sites have.

Take care,
Kris
Back to top Go down
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty3/17/2013, 7:26 pm

All I'm getting tonight on the other site is.....

"Fatal error: Cannot redeclare wsopush() (previously declared in /home/twforumc/public_html/uploads/profile/photo-275.jpg(45) : regexp code(1) : eval()'d code:1) in /tmp/tmpgw5i36(42) : regexp code(1) : eval()'d code on line 1"
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The other TW Site Update   The other TW Site Update Empty

Back to top Go down

The other TW Site Update
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next