TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.

Go down 
+3
goldenhtr
AwfulKanawful
HenryJ
7 posters
AuthorMessage
HenryJ

HenryJ

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty
PostSubject: TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty12/24/2008, 4:36 pm

How do you haul yours? What works and what doesn't?

I have a car trailer, but that is over kill for one bike. If I were to haul four it is a good option.

I needed something simple to haul just one bike, so I bought the Discount Ramps Aluminum hitch mounted carrier
It looks good and the bike seems to fit it nicely. I have yet to actually load it while mounted to the truck. Well worth the purchase price. The construction is good and the cost less than I would have in one building it. I am not sure how they are managing to keep costs down. My time is worth something and they really are offering quite a lot for the price.

Rumor is that some additional securing or bracing may be a good idea. I plan to use a couple of my recover hooks as additional points to strap to.

Straps. It really is harder than it used to be to find straps with reasonable webbing. Lots of cheap stuff out there. I needed a pair in a hurry last week so I picked up a pair that are safety orange from Kmart. I will likely grab another set since they seem reasonable. I have some webbing and cam buckles around that I may turn into straps for the tires.

Any suggestions or advice?

I don't yet have pictures to offer. That may change when the snow quits flying.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.s-10crewcab.com/~henryj
AwfulKanawful

PostSubject: looks good   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty12/24/2008, 7:26 pm

I gotta get one at that price ! Its cheaper than I can build one for sure. It is quite narrow though , either way still useable for sure.....Thanks for posting this.
Back to top Go down
HenryJ

HenryJ

PostSubject: Re: TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty12/24/2008, 8:53 pm

Actually fits very nicely. I found pictures of a TW200 on one after I already bought mine. That was very comforting.

onewaydave's image

I though I might be up against the sides with the rear tire, but it clears and fits just fine. Like it was made for it.
Back to top Go down
Http://www.s-10crewcab.com/~henryj
goldenhtr
Admin
goldenhtr

PostSubject: Re: TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty12/24/2008, 9:15 pm

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. IMG_2647

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. IMG_2648

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. IMG_2646

Works great. PO gave me it when I bought the bike. It's very heavy, he made it after buying one and thought it was not built very well. So he took the measurements and built a beefier one.

Tracy 🎅
Back to top Go down
Peruano

PostSubject: hitch rack features   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty12/26/2008, 8:29 am

I have a joehauler version of the rack that goes in my trailer hitch. One word of caution is whether your vehicles tail and turn lights are obscured by the bike when it is in place. Its a simple issue to add aftermarket trailer lights to the rack and plug it into your trailer light recepticle. There are all kinds of options available but something is needed for most vehicles. tom
Back to top Go down
timberfalls

PostSubject: Reciever carrier wanted   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty12/29/2008, 11:23 am

That carrier is a thing of beauty I would like one of those but for the front of my truck so I can still take the camper!
Back to top Go down
rm_hm

rm_hm

PostSubject: Re: TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty6/9/2010, 10:01 am

I'm using the versalhauler with the optional lighting kit. I don't need anyone slamming into the back of my truck and wrecking it and the bike. You can't really see my turn/brake lights with the bike on my ranger & escape.

Plus the cops in my area will ticket for obscured tail lights.

http://www.versahaul.com/products/Single-Motorcycle-Carrier/Single-Motorcycle-Carrier-Ramp.jpg

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Single-Motorcycle-Carrier-Dimensions

Example of the light kit below

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. P1010003

Last edited by rm_hm on 6/9/2010, 7:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/venture72
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

PostSubject: Re: TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty6/9/2010, 5:43 pm

WOW, you sure modified your TW. By the looks of the tires, you don't do 'much' offroad. :-)

Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.   TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc. Empty

Back to top Go down

TW Transport and hardware- Trailers, carriers, straps, etc.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
TW200 Forum :: General :: Main Discussion-
Jump to: