TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

round headlight conversion

Go down 
+2
Neepuk
surfn54
6 posters
AuthorMessage
surfn54

round headlight conversion Empty
PostSubject: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty1/5/2009, 3:56 pm

Can anyone tell me where I can get a round headlight like those found on the Japanese tw225. I would appreciate it if there is a simple way that also has the front blinkers included. I have found my answer in Italy and Germany, but only speak english. Any suggestions is appreciated!

Surf
Back to top Go down
surfn54

PostSubject: Re: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty1/7/2009, 10:11 am

I have not heard from anyone.........kind of quiet out here. I have however decided on the trailtech 8" round light. Should work great!
Thanks anyway.........I hope the forum picks up some steam!

Surf
Back to top Go down
Neepuk

PostSubject: Did Sombody Say Round Headlight???   round headlight conversion Empty1/11/2009, 10:28 am

My buddy who is also an inmate over on ADVrider is making these.... I just bolted mine on yesterday. American made right here in Santa Cruz, Ca.

From this: Oh HELL! I can't fogure out how to post pick on this site... I'll try again....
round headlight conversion P1010290

To this in about 30 minutes...
round headlight conversion P1010302

round headlight conversion P1010305

Let's see if these pics worked....
Back to top Go down
tpar1220

PostSubject: Re: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty1/11/2009, 4:01 pm

i like the round headlight, how bout some more info on your buddies shop, or contact info.. :('deal'):
Back to top Go down
Sno Dawg

Sno Dawg

PostSubject: please give more info   round headlight conversion Empty1/13/2009, 5:42 pm

great look and I am sure it throws some nice light
questions:
street legal?
cost?
are they available for sale?
more pics...sides - front - back - top

sign me up if the price is right....I promise to do a on road/off road test and a thorough write up.

Teeth to the wind,
Sno Dawg

Neepuk wrote:
My buddy who is also an inmate over on ADVrider is making these.... I just bolted mine on yesterday. American made right here in Santa Cruz, Ca.

From this: Oh HELL! I can't fogure out how to post pick on this site... I'll try again....
round headlight conversion P1010290

To this in about 30 minutes...
round headlight conversion P1010302

round headlight conversion P1010305

Let's see if these pics worked....
:eek1:
Back to top Go down
Neepuk

PostSubject: Re: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty1/16/2009, 11:32 pm

Hey guys, I haven't checked this site for a while... sorry for the lagging. I'll talk to my friend tomorrow and find out how he wants to be contacted. He's already indicated over on Advrider that he's willing to build a few of these for the guys that want them. His shop has really just been for fun, not a profit thing... He's got a great day-job. Not sure on the price yet. He's got to build another one from scratch and take an accurate indicator of time and materials before he gives a price. It's not gonna be what Baja Designs is asking for theirs, I can tell you that much.

No they are not technically DOT but I use mine on the street... People see me coming but I do aim the beam down just below eye level of oncoming traffic. I've ridden behind cops and directly towards them at night and had no issues as of yet.
Back to top Go down
Hodakaguy
Admin
Hodakaguy

PostSubject: Re: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty1/18/2009, 6:15 am

Any pictures of the wiring behind the light unit? I was thinking about doing a mod like this to our TW and was wondering how to clean up all the wiring ect that lives behind the plastic shield. Also what is the wattage output of the stock stator? Anyone know? I'm guessing it may be a little bigger than a standard dirt bike with the electric start and all.

I just installed a 200W stator in my XRR and a 8" light also with a 100W bulb....Now its bright! Those big lights really do light up the nite.

Nice Work on the TW!!!!

Hodakaguy

Here's a short vid on my light on the XRR

Back to top Go down
frog13

PostSubject: Re: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty11/14/2012, 5:42 pm

I believe the stator out-put on 2001 and newer TW's is approx. 190 watts?....I've read (not confirmed) that it may be as high as 200 watts.round headlight conversion 2380065899.

I really like the round headlight,too bad there was no reply on how much $$$ for the fellow TW'er to build them for usround headlight conversion 3669160923. I'm just hoping this forum will someday pick-up.

Heck,even if the TW fella did not want to build them,but provided the where's,how's etc(s)....that would have been good also....at least we would have had a direction to go in!.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: round headlight conversion   round headlight conversion Empty

Back to top Go down

round headlight conversion
Page 1 of 1