TW200 Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
TW200 Forum

Forum for all TW200 Owners/enthusiasts

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

IMS foot pegs

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
shapemaster

IMS foot pegs Empty
PostSubject: IMS foot pegs   IMS foot pegs Empty6/14/2010, 8:16 pm

Hello to all.
I'm new here.
I need some help with the IMS foot pegs.

I purchased a set on ebay that I thought was right. The info and photo looked good but I received a set that will not fit or pivot and will need grinding to work.
The IMS super stock part number does not match what the TW calls for and the info tag on the package says nothing about fitting the TW200.

Can someone recommend the right IMS part number?

Thank you,
Ken

Email me at ken@shape-master.com
Back to top Go down
http://www.shape-master.com
mrgizmow1

mrgizmow1

IMS foot pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS foot pegs   IMS foot pegs Empty6/15/2010, 7:04 am

Ken, my understanding is that most of the purchases done on E-bay have been for the much cheaper IMS copies (D2moto) or something like that. I don't remember having any issues with installing my IMS pegs. On the other forum there are numerous comments about needing to drill and grind the lower cost pegs to get them to fit, everyone still likes them however and considered the mods pretty simple. If I recall, the IMS pegs were over $60. Hope this helps some. Gerry
Back to top Go down
http://mrgizmow@aol.com
shapemaster

IMS foot pegs Empty
PostSubject: IMS pegs   IMS foot pegs Empty6/15/2010, 7:10 am

Thanks Gerry

From what I can figure the Ebay seller Dirtbikes sent me the wrong set. These do not match the photo of the IMS pegs.
The ebay photo shows a set that matches with what Bikebandit says I need.
I just wish I had contacted Bikebandit for them. May still have to if the ebay seller doesn't allow returns and replacements.

I sell on ebay and manufacture a number of parts for the Boulevard M50 and M90. I attempt to handle all of my sales with great care thus my outstanding feedback profile for 11 years.

I trust this will all work out. I was just disappointed to find they would not fit last night. You know how it is when that nice package comes in the post and you rejoice that you have something else to put on your bike!

Take care and ride safe.
Back to top Go down
shapemaster

IMS foot pegs Empty
PostSubject: IMS pegs   IMS foot pegs Empty6/23/2010, 11:24 am

I find it very hard to believe that this TW200 can't garner a set of pegs that simple pin on with not need to grind or fit.

I had a set from an ebay seller that were the IMS pro and they clearly were the wrong ones.

Then I purchased a set from BikeBandit.com and the photo matched the photo on the ebay pegs I purchased that turned up to be the wrong ones.

So, the Bikebandit.com parts fit just fine but they need some "fitting" to be right.

Why can't they make a product that works?

Why can't they sell a product that matches the photos they use to promote the product?

This little bike has been out there far too long to be snubbed in the way it is being done.

Bottom line? If it were a Harley, Star or Victory the parts would fit. I am willing to pay top dollar for nice parts too.

I hope to design and build parts for the TW in time. I have a new tail pack on the drawing board and want one for myself and may make them
available in the market place as I do parts for the Suzuki Boulevards.

I wish more custom parts were available.

Oh well, a great bike, fun to ride and it draws so many folks for attention.

Just last Saturday I had a sort of famous actor come over and set on my TW and ask about it. He was so pumped. He's a character from Star Wars.

Nice to see so many interested in this great little bike.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

IMS foot pegs Empty
PostSubject: Re: IMS foot pegs   IMS foot pegs Empty

Back to top Go down

IMS foot pegs
Page 1 of 1